8.01.2010

Product Review!

My friend  Akai and I took a trip to Target to pick up some hair products for curly girls. I heard about the the Curls line created especially for Target  and had to give it a try. The recent launch of haircare products for multi ethnic women includes brands like Miss Jessie, Shea Moisture, Jane Carter, and Kinky Curly. Let me just say Kinky Curly is and always will be a staple of mine. I'm so happy Target carries it oppose to driving thirty minutes to Whole Foods.
So Akai and I spent 25 minutes deciding if I should try the Curls line or the Shea Moisture line first but we settled on Curls because thats what initially came to pick up. I tried Ms. Jessie's a few years back and ended up giving it away. I didn't like the scentless curly pudding, which is a creamier consistency compared to the original that is more like gel, the Baby Butter Cream was ok but I don't remember it being anything to write home about. The major downside is defiantly the price ($32-$58), they should come out with a separate line exclusively for Target at a much lower price point.
Ok so here is my review!


Normally I use Herbal Essence Hello Hydration line for co washing however I read some great reviews about the Totally Twisted line and decided to give it a try. I picked up the conditioner to co wash with and I love it! Its very moisturizing and makes my little ringlets pop! I think its more moisturizing than the Hello Hydration line. Perfect for my daily co washes A
  • Moisturizing 
  • Inexpensive ($3)



Next, I tried Curls Creme Brule. I needed something that moisturize my curly hair because once it dries it becomes dry city. The price point is great compared to the professional Curls line. Its a creamy non sticky styler that does not provide any hold.  My hair stayed moistrized ALL day!!! I had to force myself to stop touching it. I think Im going use this to seal either coconut or olive oil. A+
  • Inexpensive ($11)
  • Very moisturizing
  • Eliminates frizz
  • Non sticky



Finally, Goddess Curls, now this is NOT what my bottle looks like. I have the Goddess Curls not the Creamy Goddess Curls pictures above ( I could find a picture on the net  but my bottle is orange). The Goddess Curls is a clear, lightweight, non sticky gel. The amount of curl definition this product gives is AMAZING! My hair wasn't crunchy once it dried. Both Curls product directions says spray your hair with their Lavish Curl Moisturizer, which I did not get but will do so soon. I co wash daily because my hair looks horrible when I wake, but if this product can give me second day hair I will be sure to post a review! A+

  • Major curl definition
  • Hold without the crunch
  • Eliminates frizz
  • Inexpensive ($8)
  • No sulfates, silicones, parabens, mineral or petrolatum oils!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, glad I stumbled upon this. My daughter has majorly curly hair and I am always looking for recommendations of what works or not out there.

    ReplyDelete

Disclaimer

Styleonawhim does not claim any of the pictures or graphic images posted as my own unless noted. I do not claim or am responsible for content validity, content accuracy, external links, or copyright infringement. This blogs goal is not to defame or harm any parties. If you would like any information removed please email a request to Styleonawhim@gmail.com

::Follow this blog::